Since 22nd April 1977, including the initial run of 9 episodes aired regionally in the Midlands and up to the end of Series 31, there have been 869 episodes of Top Gear. This page contains links to episode guides for each single year the series has been broadcast, as well as official spin-offs and spiritual successor programmes not affiliated with the BBC. Each guide contains a list of that year's episodes as well as production details, cast lists and real-life events for that year. Further links direct you to a page for each one of the episodes broadcast.
For a full list of episodes, please consult Top Gear/List of episodes.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
- 860 episodes have aired nationally.
- 549 episodes aired in Standard Definition 4:3.
- 340 episodes have aired in Widescreen.
- 167 episodes have aired in High Definition.
- 84 episodes are compilation or other "Best of" episodes.
- 2 non-standard episodes aired in 2021 - a Behind The Scenes special and a Tribute show to Sabine Schmitz.
See also[edit | edit source]
- List of Top Gear Take 2 episodes (1992 - 1999)
- Top Gear airings on BBC World (1993 - 2007)
- Top Gear repeats on UKTV (1997 - 2007)
- Top Gear repeats on BBC3 (2006 - 2016)
- Top Gear repeats on Dave (2007 to date)
- Special repeats of Top Gear episodes
1970s[edit | edit source]
See also: List of Motor Show programmes broadcast by the BBC
1980s[edit | edit source]
See also: Rally Report
1990s[edit | edit source]
See also: Top Gear GTi, Top Gear Motorsport, and Top Gear Waterworld
2000s[edit | edit source]
See also: Fifth Gear
2010s[edit | edit source]
See also: James May's Cars of the People and The Grand Tour