Welcome to my userpage.
It doesn't really matter what you call me, whether that's just Alex, AlexGRFan97 (which stands/stood for "Alex GeneRally Fan 1997" which I created when I was 12/13 years old for my first (now abandoned) GMail and YouTube accounts), AlexTGRF (which means a similar thing and can refer to GeneRally or Top Gear), or just plain old Gearknob.
Was this website supposed to be open this March? Yes it was. Then I had a lot of videos that I needed to work on, as well as some Patrons I needed to hopefully satisfy with news and other goodies.
If you'd like to know more, check the associated blog, where I explain everything that happened leading up to my extended hiatus from Discord. At least by the 25th, when this site opens its gates.
- Re-do 3 car pages because the vehicle template just does not work; only 3 pages use it currently and it's more work trying to use it than it's worth.
- Rewrite Vehicle infobox, incorporating switch cases to allow buses and coaches to be properly input, as well as other things.
- Add accurate runtimes for all 22 CHM-format Top Gear series, as well as home video release statuses.
- Create detailed series pages for all Top Gear series from 1977 - 2015, along with navigation.
- Stop putting it off and get back on Discord as well as prepare more stuff for YouTube.
Pre-2002 Series Photos
I am also aiming to try and find production stills for every pre-2002 series of Top Gear. Realistically, most of these will probably have to use a title card, screen shot, or otherwise-unrelated photograph, but here are some I've presently found:
- Series 1 - Will likely use promo shot of Angela Rippon in an Aston Martin
- Series 2 - Will likely use promo shot of Noel Edmonds with his Ford GT40
- Series 3 - Not found yet
- Series 4 - Not found yet
- Series 5 - Not found yet
- Series 6 - Not found yet
- Series 7 - May 1982 production still found
- Series 8 - Not found yet
- Series 9 - Not found yet
- Series 10 - Not found yet
- Series 11 - Not found yet
- Series 12 - Not found yet
- Series 13 - Official promo shot found from 1986 BBC Yearbook
- Series 14 - Not found yet
- Series 15 - Not found yet
- Series 16 - Not found yet
- Series 17 - Not found yet
- Series 18 - Not found yet
- Series 19 - Not found yet
- Series 20 - Not found yet
- Series 21 - Several promo shots found from various episodes, will likely use one
- Series 22 - Ditto for Series 22
- Series 23 - Not found yet
- Series 24 - Not found yet
- Series 25 - Not found yet
- Series 26 - Official promo shot found from Performance Car shoot with Lamborghinis
- Series 27 - Official promo shot found from the "Motaball" segment
- Series 28 - Official promo shot found of Jeremy Clarkson and his Ford Escort
- Series 29 - Official promo shot found from Radio Times cover
- Series 30 - Not found yet
- Series 31 - May use shot of Clarkson with the Ford Probe in Utah
- Series 32 - Official promo shots found from October 1994 issue of Action
- Series 33 - Clarkson and Willson promo shot from October 1994 issue of Top Gear magazine may be used
- Series 34 - Jeremy Clarkson's January 1995 photo shoot for TV Times will likely be used
- Series 35 - Official promo shot found, taken at the inaugural Top Gear live event
- Series 36 - May use promotional shot of Michele Newman for TV Times from September 1996
- Series 37 - March 1997 magazine cover
- Series 38 - Official promo shot found from the track day portion of Apocalypse Clarkson
- Series 39 - March 1998 magazine cover
- Series 40 - Not found yet
- Series 41 - Official promo shot found in June 1999 calendar photo, will need to buy/scan
- Series 42 - Inlay artwork for Fast & Furious 2 VHS, will need to buy/scan
- Series 43 - Official promo shot found online, as well as one for the Awards Special in the March 2000 issue of the magazine
- Series 44 - Not found yet, may use promotional still of Jason Barlow
- Series 45 - June 2001 magazine cover, currently cleaning up